Statewide Legal Services of Connecticut is open to serve you! Call our legal aid hotline: 1-800-453-3320. You can also apply for legal help online.

Get Legal Help

Statewide Legal Services has free advice for low-income people with legal problems in Connecticut.

You can find out more about legal problems and apply for help here.

Privacy Policy

To better serve you, we may ask you to provide us with personal information. Personal information can mean things like your social security number, address, and telephone number. SLS takes care to keep your information safe in our computers and documents files. We will not give out your personal information to anyone you don’t want us to unless required by law.

In addition, all information collected on this site is used by Statewide Legal Services, the nonprofit organization who hosts this site. We do not sell, trade, or give this information to third parties. This site provides links to other web sites that benefit you. Statewide Legal Services is not involved in the collection of information or the dissemination practices of the other sites.

If you have an emergency
you should call our office.
Do not fill out an application online.

Need help with a housing problem?

If you are facing eviction or losing your housing subsidy (such as Section 8), you may have the right to a free lawyer. Call 1-800-559-1565 or get more info at

Why apply online?

  • Our phone lines are open for limited hours and are very busy.
  • The wait time on the phone can be long.
  • You can apply any time of day or night.
  • The online application will help you find out if you qualify for our services.
  • If you apply online, your phone interview will be shorter when we call you back.
  • You can apply online for legal help with family, housing, public benefits, unemployment and other problems.
  • You can also apply for bankruptcy, debtor’s rights and consumer protection only online.
  • You can apply online using your computer.

If you have an emergency
you should call our office.
Do not fill out an application online.

Find a legal aid office some place else in the United States or around the world.