Statewide Legal Services has a very active Pro Bono program. Pro Bono attorneys and paralegals who volunteer play an essential role in delivering quality legal assistance to those who would otherwise go without. Most of our Pro Bono cases are received from our legal aid hotline which provides intake, advice and referral services to low income people. Our volunteers come from the Connecticut Pro Bono Network which coordinates pro bono work in the state. For information about the program, visit http://probono.ctlawhelp.org.
Types of Cases
- Landlord/Tenant (eviction defense, security deposits)
- Family Law Cases (divorce, custody, etc.)
- School Expulsions
- Employment (Unemployment and Employment Discrimination)
- Wills/Health Care Directives/Power of Attorney
- Social Security
Statewide Legal Services also provides opportunities for attorneys who would like to assist but who cannot take a case for full representation.
A pro bono program where volunteer lawyers call a pre-screened client to provide an hour of advice to help them with their legal issue. How many referrals you take and how often is up to you. Free training provided.
Pro Bono Clinics
For Dates and times, see our Calendar
- Hartford Pro Se Divorce Clinic
- New Haven Pro Se Divorce Clinic
- Middletown Pro Se Divorce Clinic
- Hartford Security Deposit Clinic
- New Haven Security Deposit Clinic
- Middletown Social Security Clinic
For More Information
Lawyers and Paralegals with questions can contact: